I’m excited to join Jenny over at The Peaceful Housewife in her first Blog Party. She has started out the fun by asking the following questions.
1. How many children do you have, and how old are they? I have one daughter who is 11 and a community of kids I support and love. (I live in co-housing)
2. Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent? I adopted my daughter as a single mom.
3. What are your “hot button” parenting issues? One of the most challenging things I
work with as a parent is taking responsibility for my feelings. So I get a bit nutty when I hear a parent telling a child that they hurt somebody else’s feelings.
4. Is there one book or person in particular that’s heavily influenced your parenting
choices? I love to read and am always reading new material around parenting. After, I had created Purejoy I found Beyond Consequences, Logic and Control which blew me away because if felt so similar.
5. If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you
6. Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could
change? I wish I would have moved to co-housing earlier to garner support for me.
Asking for help is hard for me so I wish I would have asked for more help when I
7. Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at?
I continue to strive to love myself ever so deeply since I believe the greatest gift I can
give my daughter is knowing who I truly am.
Now for the fun questions –
8. is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day? I love all kinds
of breads and pastries…LOL Chocolate croissants…YUM!
9. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate? Vanilla with chocolate chips
10. What’s your guilty pleasure? Taking a nap in the afternoon
11. If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be?
We don’t have TV so I’m not up on the new shows but have introduced my daughter to the
Jetson’s, on You Tube and remembered how much, as a kid, I wanted to be Judy Jetson.
Now I am!